Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 21:40:43 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
As usual, my husband had to put in his 0.02 ml.  He told me I better learn to not 
contradict anyone ever.  Since our scope of practice says we cannot contradict a health 
care practitioner, I can't ever really contradict anyone in coversation at all, until I'm sure 
they are not a health care practitioner or won't ever become one.  I might not even be 
able to contradict our son when he wants his third cookie, just in case he decides he 
wants to be a health care practitioner and someone could report me after I have retired 
to retroactively strip me of my IBCLC status.  Lest you think that is not possible, I know 
of a Peace Corps volunteer who was retroactively early terminated after he had 
completed his service for violating a Peace Corps rule two days after he had finished his 
service.  In fact, its not even sure he did violate a rule, but it was the "appearance of 
having violated a rule".   It didn't matter that he was no longer a Peace Corps volunteer. 
Who knows?  It might happen to us.

And we should all take note that IBCLE does state on our website that we are health care 
practitioners.  We may not even be able to contradict ourselves.  We really shouldn't ever 
say anything at all because someone might actually note that we have learned something 
new and said something different as a result of our new knowledge and by contradicting 
something we previously said and have our certification removed.  

Instead of hands-off consultation, we could have a silent consultation.   Commune with 
the mother mentally and will her to have a terrific breastfeeding relationship with her 
baby. 

Best regards, Susan Burger.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2