From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:07:58 EST
Dear Folks:
  Bras do restrict circulation, both lymph and blood, in the breast. There has
been some work indicating that this could be a factor  pre-disposing to
developing breast cancer. Bruno Chickly MD, who will be teaching a course
"Lymphatic Breast Care" in Columbus, Ohio the last weekend in October, has
been quoting wondering why women even wear them.
  Bras are like any other tool, if they work to increase comfort, fine. If
not, why bother? I have had women report that bras reduce breast pain. I have
had women report that bras increased breast pain. Like everything else in this
work, the individual determines the course of action.
Warmly, Nikki Lee