From:
katherine in atl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:10:50 -0400
<<Now Evenflo made the comfi nipple very narrow, so I can no longer
> recommend it.>>

I haven't seen any of those.  here's the evenflo site's link to the ones
I still see locally at Target, BRU etc:
http://www.evenflo.com/pr/bf/prbf_comfinipples.phtml

but on the evenflo site they're still showing the Ultra and the Elite so
maybe they're way out of date.  I haven't seen either of those in ages.

sometimes I likethis playtex nipple.  it's got a wide base, but it's
soft and babies seem to be able to latch on and form a good seal (unlike
the rock hard avent.  and it's got a shorter nipple.  not the right
choice for every situation.  but a good fit in some siutations:
http://www.playtexbaby.com/bottlesandpacifiers/products/nipples.asp#latexnaturalatch

I don't like the ventaire naturallatch nipples though.  they're very
different, collapse easily and just generally aren't great.

<<Now I am recommending the Playtex natural latch nipple (which has a
long
> teat, but is very soft, so baby can still usually get onto the fat
> base). >>

LOL.  there you go!  I hadn't gotten down this far in your email....

<<I've just discovered a new one by Gerber called comfort latch
> which has a great shape (wide base, short teat) but I can't find the
> bottles for it anywhere.  It does fit on the Avent bottle, but is has a
> different venting system, and leaks a bit from under the cap.  If I ever
> manage to find the "Gerber Premium feeding system" bottle that goes with
> the nice nipple, I'll post my impression of it.>>

i see them around here frequently and have thought about checking it
out.   also, I like the teats in the 'winnie the pooh' bottle set at
target - both the narrow and wide one.  the narrow is wider and has a
longer base than other narrow teats.  and the wide one isn't as wide as
some wide ones.  unfortuantely, the can't be purchased individually (at
least here)  the winnie the pooh set is made by first years.

<<This information is my personal clinical judgement about the relative
> merits of artificial nipples on the market currently, and is not to be
> construed as or quoted by any manufacturer as a professional endorsement
> of any product.>>

ditto.

katherine in atl