From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:19:35 EST
Dear Everyone:
  This is in response to Susan's queries about GV dosage. If nipples, areolas,
and baby's mouth are painted on Monday, then the next dose would be Thursday.
Unless the baby has washed it all off by Wednesday. It is working as long as
the purple color is strong.  If there is no improvement after two doses, may
need to move to Diflucan. I don't really like nystatin all that much, although
if that is what the pediatrician has prescribed, of course that is what we
will use. Moms report nystatin is sticky when applied to their nipples  and
they end up being stuck to their bras or breast pads. This can be painful to
remove, unless they soak with warm water first. Also some babies get very
fussy or gassy or don't like the taste.
   I am wondering, since thrush is so ubiquitous, if everyone doesn't have
their own type based on their personal chemistry, life and diet? There are so
many different remedies and combinations of drugs that work for different
people. And I appreciate RAINBOWpeds comment about treating for 4 weeks. Maybe
if we did that, women wouldn't need to be treated for a while, and then get
another round in a few weeks. Warmly, Nikki Lee