From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:09:49 -0500
unfortunately, adding flax oil will not achieve the same goal.  as the
o3's in it are short chain and convert very very inefficiently to DHA.

fish oil is a good choice.  very few fish are safe (my list of safe
fish is much narrower than the EPA's list) and those that are safe
aren't usually topping anyone's list.  wild salmon is super expensive.
 fish oil is very reasonably priced and virtually all of it sold for
human consumption is molecularly distilled leaving is free of pcb's,
mercury and other concerning substances.

fish oil brought my brain back from the *brink* when I was dealing
with a severe anxiety disorder, a lifetime of dysthymia with episodes
of major depression and at least one full on episode of mania.

the research on fish oil is incredible.  really.  really incredible.
stoll's work at harvard is genius.  simopolous is also a good read.

katherine in atl