From:
Leslie Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:31:35 -0600
All,

It is with a deep regret and personal pain that I am going to have to
unsubscribe from LactNet and withdraw from my lactation work (LLL). On Nov.
13 my 15 year old son was critically burned in a suicide attempt and is now
in the Shriners Burn Hospital in Galveston TX fighting for his life.

I ask from all of you, no matter where you are or your personal beliefs to
pray or send good thoughts as our family struggles through this tragedy. In
addition to (of course) the horrific medical situation, we have my husband's
job (US Army) situation, our living situation, a younger daughter and a host
of other personal situations, all to work out as we face a long term commute
between Galveston and Fort Hood.

I have enjoyed LactNet for the years that I have been on it, recommend it to
all I meet who work in lactation or related fields and have been blessed by
the wisdom and friendships encountered here. As I said, it is with deep pain
and regret that I must make the decision to remove myself from my lactation
work.

Keep up the great work.
Leslie Ward, soon to be former LLLL
Fort Hood, TX