From:
Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:22:44 -0600
The Niplette is available now from Avent--wholesale price last year when
I bought some was $26.  I don't have a chance to recommend them often
since I don't usually see moms early in pregnancy.  They don't really
work after delivery because milk leaking into it will break the seal,
and they're not really supposed to be used at the end of pregnancy
because of "nipple stimulation."  The one mom I was able to follow up on
used it from 37.5 weeks (with her doctor's permission) and luckily went
10 days late so used it a full month.  The change in her inverted
nipples was dramatic--they were completely non-protractile when I saw
her at breastfeeding class, after a month of using the niplette baby had
no problems latching on after delivery, they were almost completely everted.
http://www.aventamerica.com/products/breastfeeding/breastfeeding_niplette.asp

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC
Appleton, Wisconsin