From:
"Ann M. Calandro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 19:34:31 EDT
I would like to know more about the latest information regarding the
relationship between exposure to cows milk and later development of diabetes.  I
have read some information about this, but nothing recent. We have a mother who
is insulin dependent diabetic who decided to bottlefeed after one day of
nursing, and the MD said it would be okay for the child to go onto Enfamil.  I
questioned it, but she said she has no information about withholding cows milk
formulas to babies of diabetics.  Did the studies I read not hold up?  I would
appreciate any new information on this.  Thanks.

Ann Calandro, RNC, IBCLC
Waxhaw, NC