From:
Gail Hertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:02:36 -0500
Teresa has covered most of my thoughts. I agree that the weight on day four does not appear to be correct. Since it was likely done at a different location (pedi office?) it could have been done with the diaper on, or just misread. The current weight sounds reasonable. The bili sounds a bit on the higher side but not anything to worry about at this stage of the game. I'd like to know how many pees and stools specifically ( 4 credit card size yellow seedy per day?) because I've been misled by people saying " enough" or " normal" before. I agree with Teresa about having mom try the laid-back Breastfeeding position and see what happens. I am concerned about the pumping, because she is setting herself up for an oversupply type of situation where the baby will try to clamp down to slow the flow of milk. Just saying....

Gail Hertz