From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 09:01:30 -0500
Hi all,

Just another plug here for Diane Weissinger's wonderful editorial in the
March issue of the JHL.  It should be required reading and pondering for all
LCs.  It has truly done what editorials are supposed to do...make me really
really think about bf and how I approach the whole issue to mothers & health
workers, and how I SHOULD be talking about bf...as normal.

I had the privilege & honor of speaking at the WI Assn. of LCs annual
conference yesterday, and was able to use much of what was in Diane's
editorial when I was talking about how LCs can contribute to an unrealistic
view of motherhood by the way they talk about bf.  Then last night I talked
to Linda Kutner who spoke at a conference in SC on Wednesday, and lo and
behold, guess what editorial SHE incorporated into HER plenary session?!

So, a public, (again), thank you to Diane for the editorial, and a nudge to
those of you who have not yet gotten around to reading your March JHL to do
so.  As soon as you get off Lactnet today.....

Jan Barger, in cloudy Wheaton where it might get up to 50!