From:
"MARCIA L. FODGE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 05:05:07 CST
Dear folks,
I have lurked since before Christmas and I am now ready to forge ahead
on this dumb computer and try to send a message. My name is Marci Fodge
and I am an IBCLC and a night nurse in a large University owned Hospital
on the postpartum, antepartum and newborn nursery units. I have found
this list to be very addicting and can't bear to go no-mail during my
stretches off. I am basically computer illiterate and am constantly
causing paper jams in the printer as I print off e-mail addresses and
journal topics. But my co-workers are pt. people and just consider me
another breastfeeding nut. I have worked at this Univ. 22yrs. I
breastfed both of my children for about 3 months. They are now 18 and
14. And if I only new then what I know now, things would have gone
so much better. I wanted to respond to Fiona's hands on inquiry.
I am definitely a hands on nurse.I do ask permission to touch but
I find in the middle of the night most patients are very happy with
some one on one help without a lot of interruptions. I am always on
my knees at the babies eye level, for 2 reasons one because my back
kills me if I lean over to long and 2 it puts me lower than the mom
I don't come off so superior to her. I have and uncanny knack at
getting almost every baby on and nursing. If I have a lot of trouble
something is just not right. And I want to thank all of you for adding
to my knowledge base with your excellent knowledge and skills, my
patients have truly benefited from this list and we both thank you.
sincerely, marci fodge