From:
Ingrid Biery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:52:35 -0400
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am having trouble figuring out the relationship between micrograms and international units of vitamin D.  Wikipedia says one microgram equals 25 IU, but all the numbers given in the article show a relationship of 1:40.  Does anyone know which is correct?

I read the wikipedia article, and can't find where it says 1 microgram
is 25 IU. I couldn't find any explicit mention of the conversion
though. What I did see is lots of places where both values are given,
at a ratio of 1 microgram = 40 IU. Perhaps the confusion is coming
from the fact that 25 micrograms = 1000 IU, or .025 micrograms = 1 IU?
These all express the same relationship of 1:40, as long as you
remember to keep the micrograms on the left and IU's on the right.

Ingrid Biery
(no initials after my name, interested lurker and math geek :)