From:
LuAnn Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:50:20 -0500
To all who have posted and those of us just thinking what in the world!

So what's the bottom line? Will any of us go to work this week and change
anything we have been doing until we receive something formally from IBLCE
announcing these changes, if then? The BOD hasn't even sent this information
out to the "masses". We wouldn't even know about this except for Lactnet and
Jan B.  I would expect any professional organization worth it's salt to send
a change of this magnitude out to the general membership, prior to placing
it in information for newly certified lactation consultants not sneak it in
the back door so to speak.

Indeed, what is their intent and why? They certainly have explaining to do!

For the time being and with bated breath, I certainly vote for soldiering on
and being honest, educating with evidence based practice when it is
available, and keeping up good professional relations with clients, staff
and physicians. However, I can always stand on my RN license and am
understanding why those of you without that are completely agahst.

We will overcome this and be stronger for it or go the way of the dinosuar.
The only way to make a difference, is for every IBCLE to write of their
dissatifaction to the  IBLCE board once a formal announcement of the changes
are made to each and every IBLCE member. If they to do not have the courtesy
(tic) of doing so, we have a right to cease relations with a governing body
who does not serve the clientele it is supposed to be representing.

Eagerly awaiting ILCA and IBCLE statements as to the mess at hand.

LuAnn Smith RN,BSN,IBCLC
York, PA