From:
"Elise M. Chapin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:22:30 +0200
The CH episode has yet to hit the Italian airwaves, but I'm sure will in
another year or two.  In the mean time, anyone who has seen it might want
to send a note to UNICEF alerting them. They may not know about the bad
publicity that the BFHI received.  *Some* UNICEF administrators (esp. in
Italy, I don't know about other countries) see the BFHI as something that
is meant only for developing countries, and not industrialized ones like
the US. If whoever sponsored this episode felt it was good to mention/trash
the BFHI, then they must feel that it is a threat to their market.  An
official response from UNICEF might quell any *breastfeeding fanatic* fears
that have been voiced by the show's producers or others. UNICEF has good
credibility and is seen as being a real children's advocate, so please let
them know.

Thanks,
Elise

Elise M. Chapin