Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:51:48 -0500
>> Note that in Miami, Florida there
>> is a SIGN on the door saying 'no children or babies allowed' and they have
>> their reasons -
>
>You make me very curious what those reasons could be. Can't think of anything.

>Sorry for the relatively fragmented response.  I'm nursing my toddler as I
>type, and it's hard to stay focussed.

I think the last comment, from a lactnetter just yesterday, says it all.
Anyone who's watched moms at a LLL meeting, or tried to listen to a lecture
with a baby in tow, or tried to do any lengthy and concentrated focusing
while tending a baby, knows that it's very difficult to be totally attentive
to both a baby and a droning adult.

There are a few situations in which a woman's *undivided* attention is
required for *prolonged and inflexible* times, with no possibility of buying
the tape, or getting filled in on the details later, or borrowing someone
else's notes.  If I were on trial for my life, and I saw one of the jurors
looking down to latch her baby on or untangle his toes from her necklace
while I was making my case, I'd be terrified... and furious.
--
Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY
www.wiessinger.baka.com