From:
Judy Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:08:28 -0500
Thank you for your responses on NURSES bf related charting. I can see that computer charting with cut and paste is something to look forward to! It looks like the closest we may get to 1 chart/dyad. In the meantime, I want to know where to chart breast issues, because if nurses chart them on the mother's chart, it could be overlooked by LCs and peds when exploring BF issues. Maternal smoking or drug use is on the baby chart, so why not breast shape, sore nipples, engorgement, pumping, etc? Everyone hates redundant charting, but do you think this one issue should be redundant, as it's applicable in both cases? This is an issue of nursing charting, not lactation consultants. We have a seperate charting page for Lactation Consults that includes both mother and baby and is mostly check off style.
thank you again, I could never do this without you all,
Judy