From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 15:12:27 -0400
Kathy, when I was working as an RN on pediatrics, I observed that babies
cried a LOT during this procedure (wouldn't I if someone cut something off
of me?), and that there really was not any pain control given either. The
same sort of thing happened when babies needed IVs. We did not have IV
nurses at night, and there would be multiple tries (and I do mean
multiple)...before it was a successful line. At one point, I remember saying
"OK, that's enough. HOw about letting someone else have  a try...this kid
has had it." It was hard going.....

Kathleen

>So I continue to march on for the rights of babies.....
>Kathy Parkes, RN, IBCLC

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
Being Human is a task, not a fact.....