From:
Joanna Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:01:33 -0700

Jeanette writes -
"I also wonder - and please don't yell at me, just asking the question - if
we are CAUSING this horrific swelling artificially, would not using
diuretics help to remove it?"

I have found ob's very reluctant to rx diuretics as they comment their use
might reduce the milk supply.  Unfortunately, of course, the milk supply is
meanwhile disappearing under the mound of edematous brst tissue.  Sigh.
However, I have had the good fortune to meet a couple of courageous ob's who
did rx lasix - very good results.

Joanna Koch IBCLC, N Ca

LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R) mailer
for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to: