Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:33:32 -0700
Hello to all my Lactnut buddies!
I had this question posed to me, is there any correlation between mastitis
and cancer? This friend said her mother and another friend  of hers both had
several  bouts of mastitis in one area of one breast. Later both developed
cancer in the mastitis prone breast  same location and  both have since
died. Coincidence ?
I said I didn't think  they were related  and couldn't put my hands on a
study but...
You are always so helpful.
I have retired  after 40 years in OB. The last 11 1/2 as hospital based
lactation consultant. This  only means that I don't go into work daily  I
continue to write my Milkline and teach the staff on a monthly basis. I am a
resource person for our hospital based  lactation consultants and for the
docs  at our hospital.
Jan Aken RN IBCLC
Lactation Consultants don't die they just dry up!