From:
robynjaulmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:28:08 +1000
Dear Pat,
I Remember That story- also the other one about the little boy (fairly young
about 4or5 yrs), visiting NICU, [who used to talk to his baby sister in
Utero] [on hearing his baby sister was so ill may die,] said he wanted to
see, talk and sing to her and after some fight with the establishment,  he
was allowed to go and see and touch his dying sister,  He sang and talked to
her, ---she started, from that day to pick up and he literally got on
fighting an infection or similar and she lived healthy since! Miracles
happen with touch and feel and voice in NICU I Know from my experences too!
We co-slept a set of twins that had returned from Melbourne and the
desention it caused with some staff members was so biggoted and unbeliable!
the Mum actually brought in info with her from Melbourne Hospital about it
but they didn't read it! it couldn't work! It put they out caring for them
both in the same isolette! or cot! etc etc. I did it as they both settled so
beautifully and after getting permission from the pead wrote the nursing
care that way--- came back a few days later to find them in separate cots
and a very angry Mum and what had I done to change Hospital rules so
drastically ----One baby one cot!!! BLAH! BLAH! I asked if they has not
shared the womb BUT this was different!!!!! One wonders!!!! Wish I had taken
photos of them sleeping with arms around the other or holding the other ear
shoulder etc!
Kangaroo care was met with the same brick wall here, so am going around
showing various people in the staff that might be receptive the videos!!!!
Hope it gets in that way---- I hate the wrap the baby tight so as no arms to
feed- """Attach better forced on"" mob!!!----not no hands and watch and
Position and Bub and Mum do it themselves to build mum's  self esteem up!
Am I getting to old and Picky----????
Our Lact Con is currently throwing out 'all Pretty plastic Bottles', we
store ebm in or Formula storage for those who don't feed by Breast, as she
doesn't 'like the commercializing on the sides'-----.!!!!! Tomy, Avent, and
so on are  Brand names nothing more after than Pics.
Sent Kangaroo Mother care material to Pakistan to contacts there!
Regards,
Robyn

Robyn J Aulmann,
P.O. Box 77
Rutherglen Vic 3685
Australia
Home 61 2 60328199
Mobile 0417832936
Email<[log in to unmask]> or <[log in to unmask]>