From:
Mandy Schaub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:04:16 -0400
In reading the posts on insurance reimbursement I had a concern.  I am by no means an expert, but I beleive if you are being reimbursed under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) you are not allowed to charge the patient anything.  My understanding is the coverage is at no cost share.  It is not a reimbursable expense to the patient and if you agree to take insuance's money I don't think you can make up the difference or loss by charging the patient.  Maybe I misunderstood.  I'm in a hospital OP center, so I understand my bottom line is not impacted the way someone's in pp would be, but I believe the rules apply to all ACA payments.  If it is non-ACA coverage, then it is probably not a problem.

-Mandy Schaub, MS, RD, IBCLC