From:
Susan Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:27:07 -0500
Dear all:

I was deeply disappointed yesterday when I saw a mother who was EXCLUSIVELY
breastfeeding  from a hospital that is generally fairly decent on breastfeeding issues.  She
was given a breastfeeding bag with two packages of powdered formula.  For the first time
ever, I simply dumped the POWDERED formula that someone slipped into her breastfeeding
bag into the trash compacter and told them they shouldn't even give it to friends who are
formula feeding.  Really, do hospitals not recognize (or the person to might have slipped
the formual into the bag) that this might create a liability?  And why is this happening in an
almost breastfeeding friendly hospital?

Best, Susan