From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:54:16 EST
Dear Folks:
   I know the same pediatrician with triplets as Debi Ferrarello posted about
already who said that a schedule was necessary for her to have some time when
she wasn't nursing. At the beginning, she fed when each baby asked, for a
month or so. She figures she was nursing 24-30 times a day. (Don't forget the
4 and 6 year old and husband and her life!) She wants people to know that this
intense time doesn't last that long, and that it is worth it.
   After a while, when one asked to feed, she would wake the others and feed.
This gave her intervals when she wasn't feeding.
  She kept a log, so that she could keep track of diapering and any
medications. This was to prevent situations like the one where she changed one
baby twice, one baby once, and the other baby not at all!
        I would strongly recommend visiting a mother of supertwins to get a hint of
what it is like. There is nothing like being in the presence of 3 babies, 6
eyes all watching one's every move. There is no way a book or article or post
can convey the impact of being around triplets. Warmly, Nikki