From:
Rod & Joy Kahler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:55:04 -0800
OH MY GOSH ...please just let this quick note acknowledge my disgust and irritation for those types of nurses!!!  I'm not going to even say anymore...xcept maybe to "those two nurses"...GET A DIFFERENT CAREER or at least get on a different floor...good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Joy
  Wyoming, USA

Ilene Fabisch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  At work on postpartum floor today, we had a 17yo lovely girl deliver
a healthy little girl. Was nursing because she saw a poster in labor
and delivery that highlighted why breastfeeding was good (the one
from breastfeeding.com that they originally distributed for free)and
thought she'd try it even though she didn't think she could. Thank
goodness she had good "equipment" and the baby read the book and knew
what to do ;-)
Nurse comes out of her room and says to me "you've got to go see
her", Me "whats up", Nurse: "she's doing nothing but breastfeeding
the baby for like three hours and then lets the baby sleep for four
(cluster feeding). You have to tell her to get the baby on a every
two hour schedule!" Me: "well we don't really like to schedule
breastfeeding babies, they're pretty good at telling us when they are
hungry if we listen". Nurse: "well she's got to get the baby on a
schedule or she'll have no life".

I give up! My husband says it's cause the nurse is from the "me"
generation. I just think it's cause she's never had a baby.
Sometimes it just gets to me cause I can only be there 3 days for
four hours and the rest of the time it's up to the nurses. The other
comment I got from another nurse was "where was that poster so I can
rip it down"...I'm not kidding!

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, RLC
Listmom wicbfnet, MLCANET and MMBNE
Brockton, MA