From:
Jeanne Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 23:08:20 GMT
Hi all,

I must have missed a couple of digests.  What's this about Katherine
Detwyller receiving a Margaret Mead award?  Congratulations!!
That's truly outstanding.  Margaret Mead is one of my heroes -
right up there with Niles Newton.  Hmmm, maybe we should have a
Niles Newton award.

About human milk for baby eyes, I have a couple of references.  I
understand Dr. Jay Gordon uses human milk for baby eyes, ears,
nose in his private practice.  It would be nice to have him on-line
for a comment/description.  Anyone have his e-mail?

Meharban Singh, P.S. Sugathan and R.A. Bhujwala. Human
Colostrum for Prophylaxis Against Sticky Eyes and conjunctivities
in the Newborn.  Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, 1982; 28:35-37.

Tomsak, R.L. A Brief History of the Use of Human Milk in Ocular
therapeutics. Bul Cleveland Med Libr. 24(1), 12-21.  Sorry, no
year.

Hope this helps.

Jeanne Fisher
Austin, TX