From:
LuvMySarah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 22:26:17 EST
I felt I had to comment here..When my baby was 3 months old, I contacted the
LC who had helped me that first week. I had the feeling that we really hadn't
"clicked" well, but I wanted her to know how well things were going..When I
told her how much he weighed, she said," OH, HE ISN'T GAINING ENOUGH!!!" I was
heartbroken and I panicked right there! I hung up the phone and  called my
LLL, who hasbeen and will remain the calming voice of reason, got out a
calculator and "did the math" turned out he HAD gained enough! According to
her info, you used the baby's lowest weight and when we did, he was gaining
about 7 ounces per week..soooooo Why was this woman..an IBCLC so quick to tell
me this??? It still to this day bothers me! I am glad to see that so many of
you don't go by this "rule"!!!!
Thanks for letting me vent!
Kathy Rehmert
Mommy to Sarah 3 1/2, George 11 months and still nursing! Whacky L&D nurse in
my spare time!