From:
Kathy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:53:55 -0500
Re: Jane Seymour, special representative to Unicef for the performing arts.

I filed a strong complaint with Unicef after seeing this ad. I received a
very detailed and courteous reply within 24hrs.  The spokespersoin stated
that Ms Seymour was also very disturbed by these ads and that she is now
negotiating with her producers (Dr.Quinn) and Unicef for there to be
breastfeeding support on her show. She is still very much a bf advocate,
and as some of you suspected, Clairol made their own version of the "busy
wife and mother who needs a quick and easy way to color her hair
commercial." Our complaints should be in full force to Clairol. E-mail 'em
and use L'Oreal.

Kathy Pierce R.N.,IBLCE
N.C.