From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:36:57 EDT
Phyllis says " I can only hope someone will comment on it on
their discharge surveys.".
I have found from years of teaching that you can influence what you want
people to say on their evals/comment forms by subtly suggesting to them what
to say....e.g, "this video is really old, but has good info..." gets people
to comment on outdated films.
"This form is written at a really basic reading level, but still has valid
info" may elicit the comments on your form that you want (but then, you would
have to have two different levels of forms so as not to discriminate against
those who cannot read well, and how do you determine nicely who gets which
form???). I have enough problems with offering English vs Spanish handouts
myself!!
Can you use "big" words such as the word "areola" if you define it in
parentheses as "the dark area that is around the nipple" or "colostrum" as
"the first milk that is in the breast at birth"????

BTW, diaper, according to my dictionary, can have two or three syllables; the
first and preferred pronunciation is 2 syllables.

Kathy in NJ IBCLC
RN C (Maternal-infant), APN C (Family Nurse Practitioner)
PhD student hoping to study labor and lactation issues