From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:30:23 -0600
'Probiotic' Baby Formula Deemed Safe in Study
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=571&ncid=571&e=5&u=/nm/20040
227/hl_nm/probiotic_formula_dc_1

I knew I had reason to suspect this!

A month or 2 ago, I was watched a TV program called "Forbidden Places" on
Discovery Channel (science channel).

It profiled the Nestle company - it was supposed to be a documentary, but
they must have had a lot of the material fed to them by Nestle PR.  It was
VERY flattering - more like an hour long promotional video for the company.
The first half hour showed how Kit Kat bars were made ("the worlds best
selling bar") - very high quality control, secret recipe etc.

The last part of the show told how Nestle was developing probiotics - that
they had hundreds of strains of bacteria under lock and key (thus the link
to the show's theme "Forbidden Places"), from which they would develop
probiotics that would be used to "enrich" our foods.  Better, more healthy
foods, thanks to Nestle.

At the time, I listened closely, waiting for them to mention "formula".
Seems like my instincts were good - this IS what they were developing it
for.

Janice Reynolds