From:
Leigh Erdos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:08:25 -0600
Hi Nikki & all,
I applaud your effort to add a human touch.
I do not have a medical background with my LC training. I learned through
being a La Leche League Leader how to listen and empathize with mothers. My
heart always goes out to moms that I speak with that haven't  received that
before.
While I understand that it may be necessary in some medical capacity,
breastfeeding isn't medical, its normal. Therefore, why can't we empathize
with these moms and bring a humane side to our relationships with them, even
if they are but for a brief moment in time.

Leigh Erdos, BA, IBCLC, RLC
Chicago, IL USA