From:
Laura Spitzfaden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 23:47:36 -0400
The mom I have been helping is feeling very discouraged and ready to give up.   She asked me if I could connect her with someone who has experienced a situation like hers where the baby had a frenotomy for a posterior tongue tie and had a successful nursing relationship afterward.  She reports that baby is latching well only 20% of the time and often slips after achieving a good latch.  She is reluctant to try CST because it is just one more thing that may not work.  I think she wants to hear from someone who experienced that CST helped them with attaining a better latch post frenotomy.  If there aren't any mom's here who have this experience, she may be helped by communicating with an LC who has helped many moms in her situation who had success.  I think she just needs some encouragment that things will get better.

-Laura Spitzfaden IBCLC