From:
NEBERT MARY E <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 21:53:20 -0900
Hi everyone,
I signed onto Lactnet last month with a question before I had really had a
chance to learn the ropes.  Now that I have been lurking for a while I will
introduce myself.  I am a LLL Leader(15 yr) in Fairbanks, Alaska. There
are
4 other leaders in the Fairbanks area and we are leading 2 Group meetings
each month. I am the only one of us with access to the internet and it is
really exciting to know all of you are out there. Living this far from the
rest of the country can feel isolated sometimes but Lactnet is a giant step
toward eliminating this isolation.  Thank you all for being there!
The info I received from Lactnet concerning Prozac and other antidepressants
was really helpful (I'm going to buy Dr. Tom Hale's book!) The situation
is
still unresolved but the mother is still nursing and has not begun any drug
therapy. So far so good.
Now I have another drug related question.  What are the implications of
taking Prilosec while nursing?  A mom has been diagnosed with an ulcer,
given Prilosec and advised to wean.  She has chosen to continue nursing
while taking the medication right after nursing but wants to know what the
risks are.  She is dealing with military medical care givers and has not
been able to get much information.
I'll be "seeing" you on line!
Mary Nebert