From:
Chris Auer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 21:26:04 EDT
Lactnet friends,

I had a call today from an lc who has a mom with a 1 day old who has spastic
dyphonia.  She has injections every 6 months into the muscle near the vocal
chords.
Hale's only refers to botulinium is general -ie not type specific. (based on
one published report). Our NICU pharmacist says there are 3 kinds of
botulinium, type a, b, and f.  In the absence of more information, he
suggested she pump and dump for 24 hours.  I suggested that she postpone the
injection a week until breastfeeding is established.  Does anyone have any
experience with this?

Thanks,
Chris