From:
William Shine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:46:19 -0500
=
Barbara wrote:
>The Mom with the cracked nipples though were absolutely the worst I have seen
>in 16 yrs of counseling.  They looked like raw hamburger.

Sometimes it can be a relief to the nipple to have the baby come from up above the mom.   The mom either lays
on her side on and the baby lays facing her only coming from above, or they nurse in a recliner with the baby
coming over the shoulder...recliner reclined.   The times that we have used this, there was always someone
there to help get the baby positioned.  It seems, it is, cumbersome but it has brought some relief.  ~ Mary Shine