From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:47:23 +1100
Hi Pam I guess the thing with the Global Strategy is that breastfeeding is
just part of it, appropriate complementary feeding is also covered.
I agree with you though on the need for clarity in language. Too many time I
see women asking about formula feeding and being told about breastfeeding-
so few actually have the courage to answer the questions and talk about why
formula is so bad and explain how it damages babies and harms mothers.
Too many times breastfeeding is idealised and formula feeding normalised in
language. I'm doing my bit to try and chip away (and obliterate the phrase
"optimal infant feeding" but it's hard work!
Karleen Gribble
Australia