From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:31:40 +1100
I've just been working n a study where I've spoken to midwives about their
attempts to implement BFHI in their hospitals. One hospital commonly does
s-2-s in theatre. This is addressed in antenatal classes and I suspect that
this contributes to the fact that women have been a driver for getting this
routinised in demanding it of obstetricians and anaethetists. I suspect that
hearing about s-2-s in the theatre for the first time is too late.
Karleen Gribble
Australia