From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:00:41 -0500
Pam,
i do not know of classes specifically for disabled. Disabled takes so
many forms that I'm not sure a broad class for "disabled" would be
meaningful. There was a book that came out a number of years ago now
about pregnancy and disability, written by a woman who was herself
wheelchair bound and had a child: The Baby Challenge: a handbook on
pregnancy for women with a physical disability. Mukti Jain Campion NY:
Routledge, 1990 I don't know if it's still in print, but our library
carries it, so I imagine others do too.
  I remember being favorably impressed with it, but I read it when it
first came out a long time ago now.

Another book that may be of indirect interest is Prenatal Testing and
Disability Rights edited by Erik Parens and Adrienne Asch, Goergetown
U. Press. 2000. Not about perinatal education, but very thought
provoking book about what we think about disability and the people who
are disabled and how those thoughts manifest in our policies etc. about
prenatal testing. As I said, not directly related, but a fascinating
and thought provoking background type of book.

Hope this helps.
  Naomi
Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.

Researcher, Writer, Educator