From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 1995 10:57:24 -0400
I too have seen a couple of mothers who never produce milk regardless of
effective L-O techniques, pumping, galatagogues, etc, etc, etc.  One mother
was older (late 30's) with history of estrogen problems and hormone use to
get pregnant.  The other was in her 20's, no indicators that might tip us off
that she would have problems with milk production.
Both mothers also declined to have endocrine workups done.  So much
disappointment that the breastfeeding wasn't working, I guess.  For research
and other reasons it would be nice to know.  But I understand their state of
mind also.

If they did agree to a endocrine workup would we (or anyone) know what we
were looking for or would it be the foundation for future research to help
target potential problems?

Denise Parker