From:
Mary Ann Brehmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 11:09:52 EDT
Hi everyone!
Again I come to you with a problem.  I have a client who started back to work in
a hospital  and found she has to be exposed to patients who have radium inserts
for certain cancers.  A warning outside their doors say " limit exposure to
fifteen minutes".  My client is wondering if  the minimum exposure has any
effect on her milk ?  She also wonders if she should make every effort to stay
away from these patients?   Her baby is almost 2 months old and breastfeeding
very well
I have tried to find some reference to this occurance but  I have not been
successful.
I need an answer before the twenty-fifth of July when she returns to work.
Thanks in advance!
Mary Ann Brehmer RN IBCLC
( Who has retired from the hospital and enjoying working out of the home)