From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 22:19:56 -0500
I am curious what kind of attendance you all get at breastfeeding classes
on the wards. I'm particularly interested in those hospitals where the
rates are not great and the moms are basically under-educated and know very
little about BF to begin with.
One local hospital with a mixed population gets good attendance at daily
classes. The LC at another local hospital told me they stopped their BF
class because no one ever went (tho they crowded out the bath class....)
She said she found it more useful to see moms individually.
We're considering starting a class but I have a bad feeling about it. Many
of the moms on our ward seem so apathetic....
Anne Merewood