From:
Lou Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:14:40 -0500
I agree this is very worrisome that all of the researchers responsible for this "myth busting" article have such ties to commercial companies.  Here is a quote from Marion Nestle about it:
     "I think it’s weird.  I don’t get it," said Marion Nestle of New York University. "I can’t understand the point of the paper unless it’s to say that the only things that work are drugs, bariatric surgery, and meal replacements, all of which are made by companies with financial ties to the authors. " She noted that the researchers who signed the paper also provided a long list of companies they have been paid to work with.
     Does just stating the disclosures make it right???  Here is a list of all the disclosures of the researchers:
     •	Global Dairy Platform
•	Kraft Foods
•	Knowledge Institute for Beer
•	McDonald’s Global Advisory Council
•	Arena Pharmaceuticals
•	Basic Research
•	Novo Nordisk
•	Pathway Genomics
•	Jenny Craig
•	Vivus
•	Global Dairy Platform
•	Danish Brewers Association
•	GlaxoSmithKline
•	Danish Dairy Association
•	International Dairy Foundation
•	European Dairy Foundation
•	AstraZeneca
•	Mobile Fitness
•	Coca-Cola Foundation
•	General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition
•	Jenny Craig
•	International Life Sciences Institute of North America
•	Arena Pharmaceuticals
•	Pfizer
•	National Cattlemen’s Association
•	Mead Johnson Nutrition