Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:08:42 EDT
At the bridal shower yesterday, Stacy and I got into the telling of  funny
stories of her childhood. Many of these centered around Bfing----stories like
her having to go to the sandbox and get the breast pump parts out that Cody
had being using as a funnel. The time Cody used the pink breast balloon in
his science fair project The 8th grade end of school party for Stacy where I
had 35 kids and in the midst the UPS man delivered a big order of bfing
supplies and we ate pizza on cartons marked breastpumps. And who can forget
the time Cody was in a swimming pool, saw a lady with extremely large breasts
and dived for her calling "duice, duice" (juice with a "d"-his word for
milk). Also when Stacy was in 8th grade she went  to watch me do a TV
interview and at the end the news anchor had the camera turn to her and
announce "this is a perfect example of how a breastfed baby grows up to be a
beautiful young lady". One of the highlights of her life was the Bfing
conference we hosted ( after writing a grant for funding ) for our medical
community with the keynoted speaker being a bright and articulate young MD/TV
personality  from California.  She fell in love immediately with him ( she
was 10  and he was the first TV star she'd ever met) and begged me for a
couple of years to take her to California to visit him.  Remember that Jay?
I'm not sure how Jim's family felt about all the breast stories but it is
refreshing to know she accepted lactation consulting as part of her life!

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Eastern NC