From:
Julieanne Hensby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 02:59:34 -0400
Hi Everyone

I just received my latest newsletter from Scientific American & thought you might like to follow the link to some great articles.

Unfortunately, you will also see an add for Enfamil.

I decided to send them the following email to the editors via the 'Contact' link at the bottom of the linked page:

"Hello

Greetings from Australia!

Just would like to say a big 'thank you' for highlighting these very important articles and disseminating the information to the wider public.

I would like however, to offer some constructive feedback re the infant-formula ad that appears alongside the articles mentioned.

Perhaps someone on your team would like to research the WHO International Code for the Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes. Although compliance to the Code is voluntary, many countries signed up to 'agree to abide' in 1991. Ironically, the US is the only Western country that did not.

It was your own Senator Ted Kennedy who 'got it off the ground' in 1978 by introducing it initially to WHO as resolution to the World Health Assembly.

For an 'in-depth' perspective, have a read of The Politics of Breastfeeding by Gabrielle Palmer.

Once again, good on you for this information.

Kind Regards etc....."

Should you also feel so inclined, may I suggest that they firstly need lots of 'praise' before any feedback re formula advertising.

Cheers, Julieanne

http://www.scientificamerican.com/report.cfm?id=mother-child-bond&sc=CAT_EVO_20100503