From:
Cathy Bargar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 17:28:09 -0400
"5.  Honor the following requests:
    a.  Avoid disagreeing with the presentation during class or discussion
sessions.  This can discourage others.  (Discuss any problem one on one with
group leader)
  b.  In order to avoid offending others it is suggested that you do not
share the informationwith others not in the class unless they initiate
questions.  (Parenting is controversial)  If they see the behavior of your
children improve they may initiate questions.  The, you have an open door
and can feel free to share."

YIKES!!! Never mind the content of the classes, I'd run the opposite
direction, as fast as my stubby little legs could carry me, from ANY class
that asked me not to disagree with the presentation and not to share the
information with others!

Am I abnormally cranky, or is this not a HUGE red flag to *anybody*
considering the class? And if you truly believed that "god" has "a way" s/he
wants you to raise your children, wouldn't you want to shout it from the
rooftops? "...to avoid offending others", my foot!

This is really scary to me - it smacks of strange cult behaviour, not to
mention sounding deeply paranoid. Seriously, have I just become so
cantankerous and curmudgeonly that I'm making a big deal out of nothing
much?

Cathy Bargar, RN, IBCLC Ithaca NY