From:
Jodine Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:57:00 -0700
From time to time I'm asked to share my story about relactating for my
husband when he was struck by brain cancer.

The other day someone on one of the brain tumour lists asked if induced
lactation would be possible in a post-menopausal woman. The question was out
of curiosity, not of need. I was able to pass on some anecdotes, but it got
me wondering...

Are there hormonal changes due to menopause that would reduce the likelihood
of induced lactation?

-- Jodine Chase
Who, at age 40, is aware she cannot remain ignorant about menopause for
much longer...