From:
- KParkes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 1995 15:31:03 -0400
We have the same type of problems here.  One of the larger, more popular
hospitals has "lactation consultants" on staff (not even certified, much less
IBCLC).  They tell their prenatal classes NOT to call La Leche League or
lactation consultants in the community.  Even better, they give their
recommendation for the *best* pump on the market---Evenflow!  :-(  To make
the situation even worse, they have all the political pull with the hospital
admin folks and will continue to teach this type of thing.  They refuse to
participate in local ILCA gatherings, any breastfeeding CEU courses offered
here, etc.  You can imagine some the moms I see is horrible shape by the time
they get to me!!

Kathy Parkes, RN, IBCLC
San Antonio, TX