From:
Hannah Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 00:31:32 -0000
Deborah wrote that a mum in her group mentioned prolactin (sic) during
let-down (MER) causing "anxiety, nervousness hyperactivity.."

I recall, with each of my three, just for the first week of breastfeeding,
feeling a fleeting, but very profound, feeling of utter misery at let-down
- lasting 1-3 secs at most - a kind of going to the dentist/got an exam
feeling - then complete recovery.  One other mother to whom I mentioned
this, said she had a similar thing - she experienced fleeting anxiety.
I've not actually told many people before - now I've told 1500 in one
go...oh dear...

I've read in various textbooks/journals about headaches and nausea at
let-down - sorry - milk ejection reflex (do we need a transatlantic
glossary on Lactnet?!)

Take care, all
Hannah
(midwife and National Childbirth Trust breastfeeding counsellor, UK)