From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2018 09:26:26 -0400
Kika says,

<<I´ve lately had three clients with low milk supply that does not respond to
good breast draining and the rest of correct interventions. They all had in
common that they had taken oral contraceptives (OCs) at a very young age
(13, 13 and 14) for treating severe acne.

Their breasts had normal appereance, but I´m wondering if the OCs somehow
interfered in crucial puberal breast development and this may be the cause
of low milk supply.

I´ve been browsing around but can´t find information...

Have you noticed this, or are you aware of any studies?>>
There was a wonderful conversation about this a few months ago on one of the FB groups -- Lactworld?  Can't remember now -- but someone else reported EXACTLY the same thing, and wondered if the early and ongoing OCs could have an impact on breast development.  I think it is something we need to track and find out when we are doing a history on our moms how old they were when/if they went on OCs and how long they were on it -- and see if there is at least a correlation between early OCs and milk supply....Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC, FILCAWheaton Illinois