Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:28:09 -0500
I will admit that I do this, too. While I usually do not use myself as an
example for other things, I do have very different sized breasts, and
teaching assymetric latch is easier (for me (to show how to hold the nipple
up, and roll/flip down into the baby's (doll's) mouth). By the time we get
to the breastfeeding segment of our childbirth class, three months have
passed, and even the fathers are used to my personality.

Best wishes from icy Ohio,
Heather "Sam" Doak

<<
  ***
  I liked this ''by-the-way'' statement of yours. I never use any kind of
breastmodel (be it cloth, balloon or whatever, for teaching handexpression,
deep compression and anything that is teachable on brests. I always use my
own. Sometimes people do look a bit strange and even horrified when they see
me doing that. Are Ellen and me the only ones doing so, or are more of you
using their own body for teaching purposes?

  Warmly,
  Gonneke,
  IBCLC, LLLL, MOM, wondering in Southern Netherlands>>