From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:28:49 EST
Dear Alicia,

<< Hi, folks:  Have any of you US folks heard of, or recommended, a type of
 dressing for sore nipples that goes by the name Soothies?  It's
 purportedly made of glycerin, and I'm wondering if it's similar to
 hydrogel dressings.  A patient with sore nipples had picked them up at a
 medical convention.  Any and all thoughts and experiences would be
 appreciated.  TIA, Alicia Dermer, MD, IBCLC. >>

Yes, I've had moms use hydrogel dressings for sore nipples, especially
cracked or fissured ones, and "Soothies" are hydrogel drsg.  I received a
sample of these in the mail awhile back but recently attended a presentation
on another brand that seemed slightly better and also had mom's use these
with very good results.  Not sure if I should name names so will email you
privately.

Barbara Latterner